Nonlinear Solid Mechanics Group
The Nonlinear Solid Mechanics (NSM) group is formed by young faculties of the Department of Continuum Mechanics and Structural Analysis of the University Carlos III of Madrid.
The main research lines of NSM are:
- The experimental characterization of the mechanical behavior and fracture of metals and alloys at high strain rates.
- The formulation of constitutive theories to describe the mechanical response of ductile materials.
- the development of numerical algorithms for the implementation of constitutive theories into computational codes.
- The formulation of analytical models to describe the inception of instabilities in engineering materials.
- The simulation of penetration and perforation processes in metallic structures.
- The analysis of large-amplitude nonlinear vibrations in elastic structures.